Breakfasts for Kids: Tasty and HealthyBack
DESCRIPTION OF THE DISH
Most parents want to see their child healthy and successful. One of the key factors of a strong immune system and high mental activity is a full breakfast.
Numerous studies show that children who eat breakfast learn better and are less prone to weight gain. However, almost every eighth child goes to school without having breakfast.
If your child flatly refuses to have a meal in the morning, you can address this issue in several ways:
- Put your child to bed earlier. Healthy sleep is the key to a great mood and a good appetite in the morning.
- Wake up your child 15 minutes earlier so that they can have breakfast without fear of being late for school.
- Serve the table so it looks attractive and colourful.
- Have breakfast together: children subconsciously imitate the way adults behave.
Children’s ability to focus, retain information and make the right decisions depend on the food they have for breakfast.
Therefore, we offer three useful breakfasts for kids, ensuring strong immunity, well-being and feeling full for several hours.
Oatmeal with Berries Grated with Sugar
Oatmeal is probably the best choice for children’s breakfast. It contains complex carbohydrates, which, when gradually absorbed, provide the body with energy. Phosphorus and calcium strengthen the support motor system, while iodine increases mental activity.
To make oatmeal even tastier, supplement it with nuts and berries. You can add fresh berries or Rud™berries grated with sugar. We do not expose them to heat treatment so that they retain a maximum of vitamins and trace elements.
|Rud TM Milk||250 g|
|Raspberries/orange grated with sugar||100 g|
|Rud TM Khutorok Selianskyi Butter, 73.0%||1 tsp|
Steps to Make It
1. Put oatmeal in salted boiling water, adding it spoon by spoon. Mix well.
2. When the porridge boils and rises, pour the milk.
3. Once it is brought to a boil, add butter. Remove from heat and leave to rest for five minutes.
4. Put the porridge in bowls, add the berries grated with sugar and almonds.
Your nutritious breakfast is ready!
A piece of golden brown casserole with a mix of Meksykanka juicy vegetables tastes great and will provide your child’s body with nutrients. Eggs and dairy products contain amino acids and fats that improve memory and concentration. And vegetables contain a variety of vitamins that strengthen the immune system, as well as fibre that improves digestion.
|Meksykanka Frying Mix||250 g|
|Rud TM Sour Cream||60 g|
|Rud TM Khutorok Selianskyi Butter||1 tbsp|
|Hard cheese||150 g|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Salt, pepper||to taste|
Steps to Make It
1. Grate hard cheese using a coarse grater.
2. Beat eggs in a deep bowl, add cheese, sour cream and salt, mix well.
3. Grease the baking dish with vegetable oil. Spread the Meksykanka Frying Mix, add salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the egg and sour cream blend.
4. Put in the oven preheated to 200 °C and bake it for 25 minutes.
The dish is ready once it is thick and golden brown!
Strudel with Apples and Figs
The traditional Austrian dessert made of thin puff pastry and with a fragrant fig and apple filling is a perfect choice for a weekend, when you are in no hurry and can fully enjoy fresh homemade pastries.
|Rud TM Puff Pastry||300 g|
|Rud TM frozen blue figs||5|
|Rud TM Khutorok Butter||100 g|
|ground nutmeg||a pinch|
|ground cloves||a pinch|
|Powdered sugar||to taste|
|Rud TM Dytiache Bazhannia Ice Cream||100 g|
Steps to Make It
1. Soak raisins in warm water, leave them for 30 minutes.
2. Defrost the puff pastry following the instructions on the pack.
3. Cut apples and figs into small pieces. Mix with raisins, lemon zest, sugar and spices.
4. Thinly roll out the dough. Brush the surface with melted butter.
5. Put pieces of fruit on one side of the dough. Make a roll so that the dough can wrap the filling several times.
6. Put it on a buttered baking dish. Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush the top of the roll with it.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and bake the dessert for 30 to 40 minutes.
Sprinkle the strudel with powdered sugar, add a scoop of ice cream and invite the children to the table.